General Clay Studio Rules for Students/Resident Artists/Studio Members
To keep a creative, safe and healthy ceramic studio environment, we ask everyone to review the following information before working in the studio and follow each point. Please direct all questions or concerns to the Red Heat Studio Staff.
- Current students are permitted to use class/workshop assigned shelves to house in progress work and the individual lockers to store personal items.
- Open studio members are assigned two shelves per person to house all work in progress, materials and tools.
- Write your name on all personal items, including bags of clay, tools and materials. Red Heat Ceramic Art Studio is not responsible for the disappearance or security of personal items.
- Unidentified items left in the studio will be placed in a lost and found area for 2 weeks and then discarded or reused.
- All working areas must be cleaned after use. The last 15 minutes of class is dedicated to gathering tools and cleaning work tables, tools and other equipment. This is a communal studio and its cleanliness depends on everyone doing their part.
- Community tools are for everyone in the studio to use, they should not be borrowed, put in lockers or taken out of the studio for any reason.
- If a tool should break or equipment is not working properly, or a supply is low, please bring this to the attention of a staff member.
- If you do not know how to use something, don’t use it! It is always good to inquire if you have any questions or need instruction.
- All students and members must follow general safety protocols.
- Conserve as much as possible, recycle materials and resources!
- Place clay scraps in appropriate buckets.
- Students will have access to the studio outside of class time during designated open studio hours.
- Resident and Studio members have access to the studio 24/7.
- If you should become injured while working please report the incident to your instructor or staff member immediately. Safety is our priority.